Obey the LORD, and you will live longer. The wicked die before their time.
(Proverbs 10:27 GNT)
Below are two stories about the consequences of doing good constantly.
(You can make visuals/pictures to show the children while telling the story)
Download the stories here:
- Who were the characters in the story?
- How did they show goodness to other people?
- Did they stop being good or doing goodness to others? (No)
- Why do we do things that are good? (To please God, because it is right, to make others happy)
- Do we need to do good things everyday? (Yes, we must also follow God everyday)
- Enumerate some good deeds: Do household chores (e.g. helps in preparing the table for meal), fix the toys after playing, play and take care of younger siblings..
- Or enumerate some good attitudes: Generous, helpful, honest, respectful, kind, disciplined..
- What are the consequences of being good? (We can influence others on how to live a good life and learn from how we treat them. People will trust us, help us, respect us..)
- We are commanded to be lights in this world so that we can bring/lead others to Jesus, to be a good example. (Matthew 5:16 “Let your light shine before men in such a way that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father who is in heaven.”). If people knew us by our bad attitudes/actions, they will have difficulty in seeing Jesus on us and how great He is.
- As we continue to be a good child as we grow older, we will be like Jesus and become the light for others.