God’s kingdom is like a treasure hidden in a field for years and then accidentally found by a trespasser. The finder is ecstatic—what a find! —and proceeds to sell everything he owns to raise money and buy that field.”- Matthew 13:44
Narrator: One day, there’s this hidden treasure in a big, big field. The field is a vast ground with some grass and stones. In that field, there is also a man who was just walking. A little later, he stumbled and fell on the ground! He was surprised of what he saw. It was the hidden treasure after all! The man was so happy that he sells everything he owns so he could have enough money to buy that field.
* Pause *
- Let the children guess what did the man find in that field
- What do they think of the treasure?
Explain that in the Bible, the field is actually like the Kingdom of God. That the man did not really found a box like that of a treasure chest. But it was Jesus. Jesus is the treasure.
Connect story to the lesson of Jar of Life. By Putting God first, we should also seek him in everything. Follow Jesus. Be like Jesus. See Jesus in others. How? By focusing on the treasure not on the field.
- See Jesus in your family – Mommy/ Daddy/ Siblings
- See Jesus in your school – Teacher/ Classmate/ Guard/ Janitor/ Nurse
- See Jesus in happy times but also in sad times. Sometimes you don’t get what you want but Jesus has something better for you! So, pray more. Because, when we put God first, remember that everything else will fit right.